Ways to get rid of your flu !



Picture taken from tumblr and edited by myself.
 

As soon as winter kicks in one way or another I’m guaranteed to come down with a cold! It always happens and I’ve had to learn to deal with it! Now I really don’t know whether it’s just me that suffers with this problem but I think it’s due to the change of weather as we go from it being reasonable warm outside to it suddenly feeling like the North Pole. Over the years I’ve found ways to help me shorten the length of my cold/flu with the use of home remedies and medicines and I really want to share what works for me just in case anyone else has the same issues as me or just in case anyone is feeling slightly under the weather. Here are my winter medicine favourites to get you through.

 
Vicks Vapour Rub
 
This an all-time favourite of mine as this stuff honestly works like magic and it’s great for blocked noses as it helps you breathe. If anyone feels as though there coming down with a cold and starting to get blocked noses this is definitely for you, trust me a little bit of Vicks goes a long way!
Lemsip cold & Flu (Lemon Flavour)
Depending on my mood and how unwell I am depends on whether I want lemsip or not as the taste is something that can be a little bit hit and miss with me. Nevertheless lemsip does the job and it’s great for people that don’t like taking tablets and would rather have medicine in a liquid form as lemsip is a sachet that you basically pour into hot water. It’s great to have before you go to bed when you feel poorly.
Day and Night nurse tablets
Day and Night nurse tablets have always worked for me in the past, they reduce my suffering as whenever I get a cold I honestly feel like I’m on my death bed ( ok maybe that’s a little dramatic) these tablets help me keep a clear head and help me get on with the rest of my day.

Now moving on to some home remedies …
Have a shower!
 A slight random suggestion but sometimes are bodies are just really exhausted and sometimes exhaustion is the main cause as to why we become ill. If you have a shower or a bath which ever you prefer, with the door closed (not that I’d expect you to have it wide open ) your bathroom can work as being your own personal sauna as the steam will help open your airways and moisten and thin the mucus in your sinsues.
Hot water bottles
When you’re going to bed take your favourite hot water bottle with you so you can be nice and warm throughout most of the night.
 Chicken soup
Chicken soup is undoubtedly good for a cold trust me on this one, if you don’t feel like eating then tough because chicken soup should be on the top of your list of things to eat as this will help you get rid of your cold. The base for pretty much all chicken soups actually slow down your mucus production and helps you breathe much easier during a cold. So if your mum, or gran isn’t around to make you some chicken soup I suggest you get yourself down to the local supermarket for some Heinz chicken soup as that should do the trick!
 
I hope these suggestions work for anyone that isn't feeling too good, it always seems to be this side of Christmas when people start to feel ill its probably due to all the rushing around and all the stress we put on ourselves! I'd love to know what your remedies are for getting over a flu so feel free to let me know in the comments below x x
Love
 

15 comments:

  1. I haven't seen anybody do a post like this, so I think you'll help a few people out this winter with the flu :) xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks laura, i though't id try something different!x

      Delete
  2. Chicken soup is the only thing I can eat when I am ill with flu :) Great post Jess!

    http://golovelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet, glad to know its not just me who eats chicken soup when i'm feeling ill x

      Delete
  3. Great tips. I love having lemsip whenever I have a flu even though I hate the taste of it. But it helps me feel a little better after i drink it. this might actually be very helpful as my family members have got the flu its only me that dont. So now I am well prepared! :) xxx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you hunny, yes the taste of lemsip at times isn't very appealing! Glad i can be of help, thanks for stopping by my blog xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a great post and very helpful too! :') loved reading. I always drink the lemon lemsip as tbh I hate taking medicine I try and tough it out for as long as I can :S but lemsip is my go to if I am struggling as it just tastes like juice :D also loved the chicken soup suggestion I actually noticed in a magazine that its proven chicken soup cures colds pretty interesting so as you say have chicken soup when your suffering from the cold/flu :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I always find lemonade makes me feel better?!

    Jodie Marie
    à la Jode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have chicken soup whenever I have the flu. I never take lemsip anymore because they taste so weird :x


    www.hixvoltage.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste of lemsip can be a bit hit or miss at times!x

      Delete
  7. i swear by lemsip. they don't sell it here in the states, so i have to order overseas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the things we go through to get over our illness!

      Delete
  8. I love a hot water bottle when I'm feeling ill! But I'm actually a bit ill at the moment, so I might try some of the things in this post!
    Eden xx edenroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw sorry to hear that your ill but hopefully with my advice you'll be feeling better in no time!x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I enjoy reading all your comments! Don't forget to leave your blog address so myself and other readers can have a look x